Medicare Part D provides prescription drug coverage for generic and brand name prescriptions as well as protection for those who are dealing with high drug costs In addition to Original Medicare, Part D is also included in many Medicare Cost Plans and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans. Regardless of your medical history and income level, eligibility for Part D of your Medicare Insurance begins three months before and continues 3 months after your 65th birthday.
Below, includes a list of drugs that are not included in Medicare coverage.
• Drugs for anorexia, weight loss or weight gain
• Drugs to promote fertility
• Drugs used for cosmetic purposes
• Drugs used for symptomatic relief of cough and colds
• Prescription vitamins and mineral products